Fuel small businesses growth by building trust and engagement with their ideal customers.
Be the top digital agency in the Mid-Atlantic region for small business marketing services.
We don't think making a great first impression is good enough; we want it to last. Our best effort goes into every thing we do, from the first task each day to the very last. Always.
Be the change you want to see they say. We strive to always do better than expected, pushing ourselves to be more productive, efficient, and accurate at every level.
Everyone associated with our organization carries a strong moral compass leading them to do what is right for our clients and the healthy growth of their enterprise.
Creative Strategist | Technology Specialist | Developer | Designer
Michael is the former Vice President of Technology for a multi-award winning advertising startup that scaled coast to coast with a demonstrated history of success in marketing technology. He founded The On Fire Group to help small businesses implement marketing strategies that get results.
Our ideal Partnership
We know running a small business is hard enough just trying to keep up with being the best at what you do. Modern marketing is technology driven and constantly evolving, which adds complexity to building strategies, planning budgets, managing expectations, all while trying to achieve a very simple goal - you want more customers.
If you recognize marketing is a critical component to your business growth and are ready to invest in the future, we bring an affordable option with more experience, better results, and faster execution than hiring a full-time marketing employee - for about the same cost.
Look, it takes decades for an individual to master copywriting, design, web code, while developing business acumen, decision strategies, and understanding analytics. As their experience develops, so does the cost to employ them, limiting the pool of candidates your business can afford to hire.
Small business owners often find themselves making a middle-ground decision between the experience and guidance you need vs. what your business can afford, giving way to more entry-level candidates...and hoping for the best. Consider outsourcing our experienced team of marketing professionals that can affordably manage your marketing needs from day one.
If ongoing services aren't in the budget, or the immediate need is short term, we do offer fixed-rate solutions to help you reach your goals. Take a moment to say hello; we're friendly!
We are B2B and B2C experts in various areas of marketing, with years of experience, that a single employed marketer may not have.
An in-house marketer can be costly when factoring in salary, benefits, and training, software, and equipment, where we already bring those tools to the table.
We focus on marketing trends and tactics, that give your business a competitive edge, allowing our clients to focus on core business activities, such as sales, product development, and service.
We are constantly on the forefront of marketing and decision sciences technology, giving your business a competitive edge.
We have access to a wide range of marketing resources and tools, providing small businesses with advanced capabilities that may not be available with an in-house marketer.
We streamline processes and have access to marketing tools that allow us to execute marketing campaigns more efficiently than an in-house marketer trying to keep up with various disciplines, and ever-changing platforms.
We provide an objective perspective adding to our clients’ hive mind, allowing us to suggest improvements, from an outside viewpoint and expertise that spans further than one client in one industry.
ROI & Results
We execute marketing campaigns using industry-wide best practices, delivering faster results than an in-house employee, and know how to optimize (ROI) for marketing campaigns.
We’re experts with organizing and segmenting data for our clients to maximize potential and mitigate risk. We also reduce the risks associated with marketing, such as regulation compliance and protecting sensitive data.
We provide measurable results, including marketing metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and return on investment (ROI) reports.
Implementing a successful marketing strategy can be time-consuming, and loaded with trial and error. We take care of all the details, allowing you to focus on running your business.
As a Philadelphia and Delaware Valley agency, we have a deep understanding of the local market. This is invaluable in developing a strategy that resonates with your local audience.
13 Mistakes To Avoid
At The On Fire Group, our specific goal is to help clients get better output from their marketing budget. We know small businesses like to hire a marketing employee internally; they get to know your brand, grow with you, and they can pitch in other areas where needed, right?
We're not against hiring an in-house marketer, but they need the right structure to succeed, especially at an entry level. That's where things fall apart. So if you're considering a marketing agency like ours to help you reach your growth goals, but ultimately decide to hire internally, at least avoid these 13 common mistakes:
- Not defining a true full-time marketing role or mixing the role with other part-time duties like cashier, front desk, or other tasks that destroy the time needed to execute marketing plans effectively.
- Paying a low hourly wage like $12 or $14 an hour. Or positioning lower pay as an opportunity for “learned experience” while expecting to scale “growth and results”. The average marketer makes $61k in the US, and big box retailers pay between $18 and $21 an hour for non-managers to stock shelves. The demand for good marketers right now is high. Dig deeper.
- Hiring graduates or candidates that possess little or no real marketing experience, where the internal structure doesn’t have anyone in a role to guide or grow that marketer. Entry level marketers need a lot of guidance. If your organization is relying on them to deliver a strategy, your candidate needs more than their degree.
- Hiring someone who lacks passion for the business or has a narrow skill set that doesn't align with the business's needs. Be mindful of their business acumen in general. They need to know how to get through to people that will buy what you sell, and care enough about your brand to take it to the next level.
- Not having a clear strategy or understanding how to allocate your marketing budget across different channels. Entry level candidates struggle with strategic decisions because the experience of measuring results is new to them. Take out the guesswork by using more experienced professionals that can propose a strategy, execute the plan, and know what to do with the results.
- Not knowing how to set realistic goals / expectations, or focusing too heavily on short-term results rather than long-term growth. Avoid "dipping the toe" into marketing to "see what works". If it feels like you're throwing money away, then your strategy is not well enough defined.
- Not taking the time to develop the company's brand message, analyzing competitors, or conducting proper market research. You have a lot more competition than you think. And if you can't tell where your website ranks against theirs, or how many social followers they have, or can't recall the topic of their last 2 email blasts, you're not paying enough attention. Start with a S.W.O.T. analysis.
- Not setting clear KPIs (key performance indicators) or scorecards to track progress and results. Data and analytics lead to making informed marketing decisions. Pay attention to metrics. There's industry benchmarks to weigh against for just about everything these days.
- Not having a clear understanding of your target audience, buyer personas, customer journey or sales funnel. "Everyone" is not your customer, and they don't love you at first sight. Change your thinking. Get ready to make lots of impressions to win them over.
- Not investing enough in the marketer or providing adequate resources, training, support, or equipment for creativity. There are so many tools that can speed up and organize marketing development process. We often hear of marketers that were tasked with growth and given almost $0 budget to work with. That is not setting them up for success.
- Not being open to new ideas or feedback from the marketer. Granted, you know your business better than anyone, and younger professionals are more ambitious to experiment with new ideas and tactics, you may think are silly. However, digital marketing evolves so fast, by the time people really figure out a process so efficiently it feels like it will print money, it no longer works because everyone is now doing it. Trying new things helps stay ahead of the noise so your brand gets noticed.
- Not having a reasonable timeline for producing quality materials. It's one thing to ride an employee for not hustling quickly enough, but we hear countless stories from marketers with bosses that think graphics and programming grows on trees. Quality marketing takes time, and so does results.
- Not investing in a mix of marketing channels, like SEO / SEM, social media, email and content marketing. Look, there is NO silver bullet for marketing, or that's what everyone would be shooting. The best methods are to be strategic and visible on all relevant channels that build your network.
Local Marketing Insights
We service clients all across the USA. Additionally, we service direct marketing areas in DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and the Mid-Atlantic region where we made demographic summaries available on this website.
This information is for targeted marketing by residents, home owners, gender, age, income, or other marketing information purposes. Other states are available. For those not shown, please contact us for more information.
State of Delaware location coverage, county, and local demographic marketing insights.
State of New Jersey location coverage, county, and local demographic marketing insights.
State of Pennsylvania location coverage, county, and local demographic marketing insights.
Next Step - Reach More Customers!
Digital Marketing Services
Build followers and keep fans engaged with content they'll want to like and share with our expert social media marketing.
- Our Leading Approach
- Social Media Content
- Page & Post Management
- Paid Ads Management
- Build Followers
- Influencers / Partnerships